New York Students to Hear from NASA Astronaut Aboard Space Station

College students from Syracuse Metropolis Faculty District and Le Moyne School in Syracuse, New York, can have a possibility this week to listen to from alumna and NASA astronaut Jeanette Epps aboard the Worldwide Area Station.

The area to Earth name will stream dwell at 10 a.m. EDT April 18, on NASA+, NASA Tv, the NASA app, and the company’s web site. Learn to stream NASA TV by means of quite a lot of platforms together with social media.

Media fascinated by protecting the occasion should RSVP no later than 5 p.m., Wednesday, April 17, to Amanda Hull from Syracuse Metropolis Faculties at ahull@scsd.us, 973-975-9712, or Joe Della Pasta from Le Moyne School at dellapjb@lemoyne.edu, 315-445-4564.

In preparation for the occasion, Syracuse Metropolis Faculty District highlighted Epps’ contributions to aerospace and the area people in a collaborative effort between their social research and STEM school rooms. Epps is an alumnae of Syracuse Metropolis colleges and Le Moyne School.

Le Moyne hosted an eclipse viewing occasion on April 8 with astronomy and science talks by school and native science golf equipment. On April 12, Grant Farrokh, an area station trajectory operations and planning officer at NASA’s Johnson Area Heart in Houston and likewise a former Le Moyne scholar, gave a presentation to college students. On April 18 scholar golf equipment and organizations at Le Moyne will take part within the streaming occasion, and the faculty profession advising and growth workplace will focus on profession alternatives for college students.

For greater than 23 years, astronauts have constantly lived and labored aboard the area station, testing applied sciences, performing science, and creating the talents wanted to discover farther from Earth. Astronauts residing in area aboard the orbiting laboratory talk with NASA’s Mission Management Heart in Houston 24 hours a day by means of SCaN (Area Communications and Navigation) Close to Area Community.

Essential analysis and know-how investigations going down aboard the Worldwide Area Station advantages folks on Earth and lays the groundwork for different company missions. As a part of NASA’s Artemis marketing campaign, the company will ship astronauts to the Moon to organize for future human exploration of Mars. Inspiring the subsequent era of explorers – the Artemis Technology – ensures America will proceed to steer in area exploration and discovery.

See movies and lesson plans highlighting analysis on the area station at:

https://www.nasa.gov/stemonstation

-end-

Gerelle Dodson
Headquarters, Washington
202-384-4861
gerelle.q.dodson@nasa.gov

Sandra Jones 
Johnson Area Heart, Houston
281-483-5111
sandra.p.jones@nasa.gov

admin