Le Mars soccer teams split with SLPO, Sioux Center | Sentinel

OKOBOJI — The Le Mars Group soccer groups break up with Spirit Lake Park Okoboji on Thursday in non-conference motion.

The Le Mars boys gained 6-1. The group outscored their opponent 3-1 within the first half and added three objectives within the second half. 

Jovany Kabongo led the group with 4 objectives within the recreation. He additionally assisted on one other aim. Jacob Plueger and Denis Mazariegos Hernandez added the opposite objectives for the group. 

Ephrahim Kabongo assisted on two of the objectives whereas Marco Duran and Jude Dougherty additionally had assists.

Three of the objectives got here in opposition to Liam Fechter whereas the opposite three got here in opposition to Tegen Hart. 

SLPO acquired their lone aim from Isaiah McQuown. John Andrea made 4 saves for the Bulldogs whereas permitting the one aim.

The Bulldogs improved to 1-1 as they’ve gained back-to-back conferences within the collection. SLPO fell to 0-3 with the loss. 

The Le Mars women misplaced by an equivalent 6-1 rating to a group that had been ranked No. 13 within the 2A preseason rankings, however dropped out of the IGHSAU rankings the day of the match. 

The successful group had all six of their objectives come from underclassmen. Freshman Anabel Sinz led the group with a hat trick whereas additionally aiding on a pair of objectives. Claire Turner, a sophomore, scored twice and in addition assisted on a aim. Freshman Amara Peterson had the opposite aim for the group. 

Freshman Kynlee Schmidt made 15 saves for Le Mars, but additionally gave up all six of the objectives.

The Bulldogs had been capable of pepper SLPO goalie Callie Taylor with loads of photographs, however the senior let only one get previous her as she made 11 saves. Senior Zoe Wittkop offered the lone aim for Le Mars. 

SLPO has gained the final two conferences within the collection. They gained by a 3-2 rating in additional time final season. 

Each groups had a 1-1 file following the sport.

Bulldogs break up one aim video games with Sioux Middle

LE MARS/SIOUX CENTER — After splitting wins the night time earlier than, the Le Mars soccer groups additionally break up on Friday in non-conference motion in opposition to Sioux Middle, solely with the alternative outcomes for every group.

The Le Mars women gained their contest 4-3 over the Class 1A No. 11 ranked group. The group held on for the win after build up a 3-0 lead by halftime and lengthening it to 4-0 early within the second half.

Zoe Wittkop scored one other hat trick for the Bulldogs. She added an help on the opposite aim, which was scored by Sarah Brown. 

Kynlee Schmidt allowed the three objectives whereas making eight saves. 

Each groups had a 2-1 file after the sport. Le Mars has gained each conferences within the collection. They claimed final 12 months’s recreation by an equivalent rating. 

The Le Mars boys misplaced 1-0 on the street in opposition to the Warriors. Sioux Middle scored the one aim of the sport within the first half as Sergio Ramos Morales assisted on Isaiah Else’s aim. 

Kyle TeStroete saved the Bulldogs from scoring with a clear sheet in aim. 

John Andrea made 4 saves in aim for the Bulldogs, whereas permitting the one aim of the competition. 

Sioux Middle improved to 3-0 with the win and even the collection after falling to the Bulldogs 2-1 final 12 months. Le Mars dropped to 1-2 on the season. 

admin