NASA Astronauts to Speak with North Carolina, Virginia Students

WASHINGTON, Jan. 5, 2024 /PRNewswire/ — College students from North Carolina and Virginia may have separate alternatives subsequent week to every hear from a NASA astronaut residing and dealing aboard the Worldwide Area Station.

(Nov. 3, 2023) NASA astronauts and Expedition 70 Flight Engineers Loral O'Hara, left, and Jasmin Moghbeli, right, work on a spacesuit aboard the International Space Station's Quest airlock. Credits: NASA

The 2 Earth-to-space calls will air stay Tuesday, Jan. 9, on NASA+, NASA Tv, and the company’s web site. Learn to stream NASA TV by means of quite a lot of platforms together with social media. Observe occasions on-line at:

https://www.nasa.gov/nasatv 

At 9:20 a.m. EST, NASA astronaut Jasmin Moghbeli will reply prerecorded questions from college students at Thales Academy in Raleigh, North Carolina. In preparation for the training downlink, college students will take part in an annual Science, Expertise, Engineering, and Arithmetic Day that can embrace shows concerning the house station by Marc Fusco, considered one of NASA‘s photo voltaic system ambassadors. College students additionally will take part in hands-on actions, together with making house associated artwork, constructing bottle rockets, and launching a mannequin rocket.

Media thinking about protecting the North Carolina occasion should RSVP no later than 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 8., to Janice Holton at: [email protected] or 919-882-2320.

At 1:05 p.m., NASA astronaut Loral O’Hara will reply prerecorded questions from college students throughout the state of Virginia by means of an occasion hosted by the Virginia Area Grant Consortium. These college students studied life aboard the house station and took part in a Plant the Moon Problem the place they labored to develop vegetation in lunar regolith simulant for the Artemis mission.

Media thinking about protecting the Virginia occasion should RSVP no later than 4 p.m. on Jan. 8., to Kristyn Damadeo at: [email protected] or 202-465-5190.

For greater than 23 years, astronauts have repeatedly lived and labored aboard the house station, testing applied sciences, performing science, and growing the talents wanted to discover farther from Earth. Astronauts residing in house aboard the orbiting laboratory talk with NASA‘s Mission Management Heart in Houston 24 hours a day by means of the Area Communications and Navigation (SCaN) Close to Area Community.

Vital analysis and expertise investigations going down aboard the Worldwide Area Station advantages individuals on Earth and lays the groundwork for future exploration.

As a part of Artemis, NASA will ship astronauts to the Moon to organize for future human exploration of Mars. Inspiring the subsequent technology of explorers – the Artemis Technology – ensures America will proceed to steer in house exploration and discovery.

See movies and lesson plans highlighting analysis on the house station at:

https://www.nasa.gov/stemonstation

NASA Logo. (PRNewsFoto/NASA) (PRNewsFoto/) (PRNewsfoto/NASA)

Cision View authentic content material to obtain multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nasa-astronauts-to-speak-with-north-carolina-virginia-students-302027421.html

SOURCE NASA

admin