Palm Beach 7A-6A girls volleyball player of the year: Sarah Brodner, Jupiter senior

Jupiter outdoors hitter Sarah Brodner loved a formidable senior season and led the Warriors to the Class 7A state semifinal. Brodner, a College of Virginia signee, was chosen because the Solar Sentinel’s Palm Seaside County women volleyball 7A-6A participant of the yr.

The workforce captain led the Warriors to a 25-4 report as they captured a district and regional championship. Brodner led the workforce in kills and was a high performer all through the season. She recorded 10 kills throughout a regional remaining victory in three units. She additionally stepped up with 15 kills within the state semifinal.

Brodner mentioned her highschool profession was memorable, which included an undefeated run throughout the common season and playoffs previous to a state semifinal loss throughout her sophomore season.

“It positively felt nice to make it again to states,” Brodner mentioned. “It was our total purpose all season. We didn’t get too forward of ourselves. We had been targeted on every recreation. It was nice to win the regional on our residence courtroom. I needed to be a nice chief to the youthful women all through the season.  It’s been nice the final 4 years. It’s a household to me.”

Brodner additionally has competed on the membership degree for a number of years, together with with Jupiter Elite.

“I used to be capable of develop my abilities taking part in in opposition to older women who had been stronger and quicker and it has helped me so much,” she mentioned.  “I used to be taking part in in opposition to Division I gamers.”

Brodner mentioned she enjoys the chance to compete and scrimmage in opposition to her sister at membership observe. Ella is sophomore standout outdoors hitter at Jupiter Christian. Brodner mentioned she may also have the ability to assist her youthful sister navigate the recruiting course of in highschool.

Brodner, who’s ranked fifth within the state in her class by Prep Dig, is wanting ahead to the chance to play on the College of Virginia.

“I needed to be actually devoted to get to the following degree,” she mentioned. “There isn’t a skipping observe, exercises and tournaments.  Considered one of my greatest strengths is my psychological recreation. I’m tremendous excited to have the ability to go to school and take an even bigger step. I really like the ladies, coaches and the campus. It’s an amazing tutorial faculty. I discovered my residence there.”

Sarah Brodner Jupiter High School Volleyball player of the year photographed on Wednesday November 15, 2023. (Mike Stocker/South Florida Sun Sentinel)
Sarah Brodner Jupiter Excessive College Volleyball participant of the yr photographed on Wednesday November 15, 2023. (Mike Stocker/South Florida Solar Sentinel)
admin