Mars marks World Meals Day by sharing progress on world meals and sustainability commitments.
- Exceeds donation goal with native meals financial institution and charity companions
- Continues to deal with delivering wholesome meals by reformulation and product innovation
- Pioneers improvements reminiscent of local weather good rice farming practices to drive important reductions in unsustainable water use and greenhouse fuel emissions
LONDON , Oct. 16, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — On World Meals Day 2023, Mars Meals & Diet shares progress in the direction of the meals and sustainability objectives that sit on the coronary heart of its function: Higher Meals Right now. A Higher World Tomorrow.
Midway by its five-year commitments to drive optimistic change by stronger motion and significant partnerships, the maker of manufacturers together with Ben’s Authentic™, Masterfoods®, SEEDS OF CHANGE®, Tasty Chew®, and DOLMIO® is proud to share the progress it has made, together with:
- Donating 33 million meals to folks in want around the globe since 2021, exceeding the goal of 25 million meals by 2025. With meals poverty an ongoing subject, the corporate continues to construct strategic and impactful partnerships with native organisations to assist get meals and help to individuals who want it most.
– In the US, Ben’s Authentic™ helps the No Child Hungry marketing campaign to finish childhood starvation. By way of the partnership it offered 2.5 million meals to kids in want all through the United States in 2022.
– In Australia, Mars Meals & Diet has developed a Collaborative Provide Program with Foodbank Australia to handle the problem of making certain a constant provide chain of meals merchandise to folks in want. In its third yr, this partnership helps Mars Meals & Diet Australia ship its ambition of 3m meals to folks in want in 2023.
– Within the UK, Mars Meals & Diet has partnered with the Trussell Belief within the Stand Towards Starvation marketing campaign for the final 4 years to help their community of greater than 1,300 meals banks who assist communities throughout the UK who’re going through starvation.
- Delivering 4.7 billion wholesome meals in 2022 (along with 4.3 billion in 2021), working in the direction of the aim of 5.5 billion wholesome meals per yr by 2025. This consists of 1.7 billion servings of greens, and a 32% improve in fibre servings, achieved by reformulation efforts and product innovation, monitoring nicely in the direction of the goal of 4 billion servings of greens and beating the goal of 30% fibre improve by 2025.
- Making progress in the direction of reaching web zero by 2050 and decreasing unsustainable water use by 50% by 2025. Working with its suppliers, Mars is pioneering local weather good rice farming practices, the “alternate wetting and drying” watering method. Relying on the context the place the rice is grown, the local weather good practices have proven water use reductions as much as 30% and GHG reductions starting from 25 to 70% – all with out decreasing rice yields.
- Making certain 89% of Mars Meals & Diet packaging is now reusable, recyclable or compostable, transferring in the direction of the aim of 100% of the portfolio.
As well as, Mars Meals & Diet is utilizing its manufacturers to drive optimistic motion, together with the BEN’S ORIGINAL™ SEAT AT THE TABLE™ fund which helps present instructional alternatives to extend variety within the meals business by scholarships and coaching. In the meantime, the Tasty Chew Basis collaborated with the Agricultural Growth Belief, Krishi Vigyan Kendra Baramati and the American India Basis Belief New Delhi to provoke tasks targeted on agricultural improvement and selling higher livelihoods near the Tasty Chew manufacturing unit in Pune, India.
Shaid Shah, International President, Mars Meals & Diet, commented, “Meals is a supply of wellbeing and a connector of individuals. It nourishes our our bodies and brings us collectively. I imagine everybody ought to have entry to wholesome and nutritious meals, and that it must be sourced as sustainably as attainable. That is why I’m happy with the progress we, at Mars Meals & Diet, have made in the direction of our mission of offering wholesome, simple, tasty, and accessible on a regular basis meals and delivering the Mars sustainability commitments. I need to thank our wonderful companions and Associates. There may be extra to do, however collectively we will make a significant distinction to the lives of billions of individuals around the globe.”
Anne Filipic, CEO, Share Our Energy, which runs the No Child Hungry marketing campaign, added: “We’re proud to accomplice with Mars by their Ben’s Authentic™ model and No Child Hungry marketing campaign. By way of this partnership, Ben’s Authentic™ has helped youngsters everywhere in the nation entry three meals a day. Meals insecurity, poor well being outcomes, and poverty are ongoing points in our communities and it should take all of us to construct a greater and brighter future for our youngsters.”
Sophie Carre, Director of Public Engagement on the Trussell Belief, mentioned: “Thanks to Mars Meals & Diet for his or her ongoing help which has made a big distinction to folks supported by our community. Meals financial institution groups are working tirelessly to make sure assist continues to be accessible. However in the end, nobody within the UK ought to want to show to a meals financial institution as all of us ought to have the funds for for the necessities. The help of Mars Meals & Diet will assist meals banks inside our community proceed to supply the lifeline of emergency help for native folks in disaster, whereas we work in the long run to construct a starvation free future.”
Mars Meals & Diet is a section of Mars, Included, which final month launched The Mars Web Zero Roadmap, a decisive motion plan for attaining Web Zero greenhouse fuel (GHG) emissions throughout its full worth chain by 2050. The Mars Roadmap features a new goal reviewed by the Science Based mostly Targets Initiative to chop emissions by 50% by 2030, from a 2015 baseline, with a pathway to Web Zero by 2050. As a part of the motion plan, Mars will make investments over $1 billion over the following three years and proceed to commit monetary sources as wanted till Web Zero is achieved.
For extra info on Mars Meals & Diet’s progress on its function commitments, please go to www.mars.com/our-brands/mars-food-nutrition
ABOUT MARS FOOD & NUTRITION
Mars Meals & Diet is a section of Mars, Included with 2,000 Associates throughout 30 international locations. It has among the world’s main meals manufacturers: Ben’s Authentic™, Masterfoods®, SEEDS OF CHANGE®, Tasty Chew®, foodspring™, DOLMIO® and Kevin’s Pure Meals.
ABOUT MARS, INCORPORATED
Mars, Included is pushed by the assumption that the world we would like tomorrow begins with how we do enterprise right this moment. As a world, family-owned enterprise, Mars is reworking, innovating, and evolving to make a optimistic influence on the world.
Throughout our numerous and increasing portfolio of high quality confectionery, meals, and pet care services and products, we make use of 140,000+ devoted Associates. With greater than $47 billion in annual gross sales, we produce among the world’s best-loved manufacturers together with Ben’s Authentic™, CESAR®, Cocoavia®, DOVE®, EXTRA®, KIND®, M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, and WHISKAS®. We’re creating a greater world for pets by our world community of pet hospitals and diagnostic companies – together with AniCura, BANFIELD™, BLUEPEARL™, Linnaeus and VCA™ – utilizing innovative know-how to develop breakthrough packages in genetic well being screening and DNA testing.
For extra details about Mars, please go to www.mars.com. Be a part of us on Fb, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Picture – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/2248328/Mars_Supports_Caledon_Community_Services.jpg
SOURCE Mars Meals & Diet