NL Moonshots: looking for 100 student teams to work with astronauts on space data applications

Author profile picture

NL Moonshots ’24 challenges college students of all ranges to develop their moonshot: a intelligent, progressive resolution to a problem we face as a society. Impressed by the distinctive perspective of an astronaut in house, moonshots may be about something: from Earth and humanity to know-how, synthetic intelligence, and extra. The competition was introduced at present, on the annual ESA-ESTEC Open Day throughout The Area Week on the NL Area Campus.

Astronaut André Kuipers is the Dutch figurehead of the hunt. He not solely focuses on tutorial college students but additionally urges secondary and better vocational college college students to take part in this system. Scholar groups get the prospect to work – coached by an astronaut – on a wonderful concept for humanity: a moonshot. NL Moonshots ’24 is a part of the thirty fifth ASE Planetary Congress, for which over 100 astronauts will come to the Netherlands subsequent 12 months.

Collaborating scholar groups could have entry to inspiring occasions and the correct experience and amenities to develop their moonshot in phases. Astronauts are concerned as coaches and specialists. For college students, this creates a particular trajectory from the preliminary concept in January to the presentation of concrete ideas and prototypes through the ASE Congress in October 2024.

ASE Planetary Congress

The Affiliation of Area Explorers (ASE) is an affiliation of over 4 hundred astronauts from 38 nations. Throughout the annual ASE Planetary Congress, they inform a broad viewers – particularly the youthful era – concerning the newest developments in house exploration and its potentialities for the way forward for our society and planet Earth. In 2024, the congress will happen from September 30 to October 6, 2024, in Noordwijk (the place the NL Area Campus is positioned) and Amsterdam.

Keen to affix the Moonshots along with your scholar group?

100 scholar groups will interact with 100 astronauts in next-level Moonshots from January to October 2024. Select your mission, drop your concept, get impressed, and take your idea ahead. Pitch your moonshot concept in entrance of astronauts, supported by steerage out of your astronaut group coach. Registration closes in early January 2024. Uncover that the long run begins with daring concepts and goals past the celebs.
Register right here

This system contains content material classes. Most shows might be open to the general public and streamed reside. The objective is to enthuse as many individuals as potential about science, know-how, innovation, sustainability, and the house sector. The occasion might be a part of the annual Area Week.

Area challenges

Along with the Moonshots, André Kuipers and his fellow astronauts will launch an task for the 2024/2025 college 12 months to major and secondary college college students through the congress: Area Challenges. After researching, the scholars will work with house and know-how to design and construct satellites and rovers. Throughout a “Neighborhood Day,” astronauts will go to instructional establishments, information institutes, and firms.

“With the NL Moonshots ’24 program, the Astronaut Society is giving its stage to the Subsequent Area Technology all through 2024,” says André Kuipers, astronaut and host of the ASE congress. “At this time’s college students are our craftsmen, engineers, and scientists of the long run. We desperately want these college students and their brilliant concepts to make life on Earth higher, safer, and extra sustainable. I’m extremely excited to see what inspiring options they provide you with.”

The ASE Planetary Congress 2024 and NL Moonshots ’24 are supported by the Netherlands Area Workplace (NSO) with funding from the Ministry of Schooling, Tradition and Science and the Ministry of Financial Affairs and Local weather. Everybody can comply with the proceedings of NL Moonshots ’24 by the web site moonshots24.nl.

admin