NASA, International Astronauts to Speak with Students in Two States

College students from North Carolina and Rhode Island could have separate alternatives subsequent week to listen to from astronauts aboard the Worldwide House Station.

Editor’s Notice: This media advisory was up to date on Sept. 8, 2023, to replicate a change within the downlink time for Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolis Colleges.

The 2 space-to-Earth calls will air dwell Wednesday, Sept. 13, and Thursday, Sept. 14, on NASA Tv, the NASA app, and the company’s web site.

At 11:05 a.m. EDT Wednesday, Sept. 13, NASA astronaut Frank Rubio and ESA (European House Company) astronaut Andreas Mogensen will reply pre-recorded questions from college students in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

The occasion, hosted by Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolis Colleges, goals to encourage underrepresented and non-traditional college students to pursue science, expertise, engineering, and arithmetic pathways.

Media keen on masking the North Carolina occasion should RSVP no later than 5 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 12, to Andy Jenks at 919-967-8211 or ajenks@chccs.k12.nc.us.

At 10:25 a.m. Sept. 14, NASA astronaut Jasmin Moghbeli and Rubio will reply pre-recorded questions from college students in Rhode Island. The occasion, hosted by the Rhode Island Science Lecturers Affiliation, is a part of a statewide Astronaut Exploration Lollapalooza aimed toward connecting college students with house analysis.

Media keen on masking the occasion should RSVP no later than 5 p.m. Sept. 13, to Cathy Jimenez Lengthy at 401-447-5995 or clong@cpsed.internet.

For greater than 22 years, astronauts have repeatedly lived and labored aboard the house station, testing applied sciences, performing science, and growing the talents wanted to discover farther from Earth. Astronauts residing in house aboard the orbiting laboratory talk with NASA’s Mission Management Heart in Houston 24 hours a day by way of the House Communications and Navigation (SCaN) Close to House Community.

Essential analysis and expertise investigations going down aboard the Worldwide House Station advantages individuals on Earth and lays the groundwork for future exploration. As a part of Artemis, NASA will ship astronauts to the Moon to arrange for future human exploration of Mars. Inspiring the following technology of explorers – the Artemis Technology – ensures America will proceed to steer in house exploration and discovery.

See movies and lesson plans highlighting analysis on the Worldwide House Station at:

https://www.nasa.gov/stemonstation

-end-

Katherine Brown
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1288
katherine.m.brown@nasa.gov
Sandra Jones 
Johnson House Heart, Houston
281-483-5111
sandra.p.jones@nasa.gov

admin