Professors’ protest over pending demands mars Teachers’ Day

Tribune Information Service

Ludhiana, September 5

A number of professors of aided schools wore black badges and staged a two-hour dharna within the metropolis on the event of Lecturers’ Day to push for his or her pending calls for.

Punjab and Chandigarh Faculty Lecturers’ Union (PCCTU), Ludhiana, district president Chamkaur Singh mentioned, “The AAP-led Punjab Authorities has left us with no alternative however to mark Lecturers’ Day as a Black Day.” He added, “A lot to the enjoyment of faculty professors, CM Bhagwant Mann had introduced the implementation of the seventh Pay Fee September 5 final yr. Its implementation had been pending for six years.” CM Mann had mentioned that beginning October 1, 2022, the salaries will likely be launched as per the revised pay scale, he identified

“We’re urging CM Mann to ask Training Minister Harjot Singh Bains to see the bottom actuality. It has been a yr, and never a single professor in Punjab has acquired the wage according to the seventh Pay Fee. It’s not simply the school authorities who’re accountable for it; the Larger Training Division can also be accountable,” he added.

District Secretary Sunder Singh rued that even academics of the 1925 cadre haven’t been regularised by the federal government even after eight years.

“The schooling minister ought to take note of college schooling in addition to increased schooling,” he mentioned.

Prof Raman Sharma mentioned that educators from aided schools in Punjab and Chandigarh staged the dharna to awaken the AAP-led state authorities and Training Minister Harjot Singh Bains from its slumber.

Professor Varun Goel mentioned that the federal government has slashed the grant for as many as 1,925 posts from 95% to 75%, as a result of which many issues have arisen within the schools. Professors have reportedly not been getting their salaries on time.

Protesters observe Black Day

Punjab and Chandigarh Faculty Lecturers’ Union, Ludhiana, district president Chamkaur Singh mentioned the AAP-led Punjab Authorities had left them with no alternative however to mark Lecturers’ Day as a Black Day

District Secretary Sunder Singh rued that even academics of the 1925 cadre haven’t been regularised by the federal government regardless that it has been eight years

admin