2024 AU Sine Institute of Policy & Politics Fellows and Distinguished Lecturers Soar From the Halls of Government to the Frontiers of Space

WASHINGTON, Nov. 14, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The Sine Institute of Coverage & Politics at American College 2024 class of Spring Fellows and Distinguished Lecturers brings collectively changemakers from authorities, enterprise, house exploration, international coverage, advocacy, and the media. The sixth group of Sine Fellows and Lecturers will have interaction with the AU neighborhood in significant conversations about probably the most pressing problems with right now and empower college students, school, employees, and alumni in their very own changemaking pursuits.

The 2024 Sine Institute Fellows are:

• Hon. Larry Hogan, 62nd Governor of Maryland; Former Chair, Nationwide Governors Affiliation
  • Hon. Thomas R. Nides, Former U.S. Ambassador to Israel; Former Managing Director, COO, and Vice Chairman, Morgan Stanley
  • Daniella Senior, CEO and Founder, Colada Store; Proprietor, Serenata & Zumo; Co-Founder, Bresca; State Division Culinary Ambassador
  • Hon. Manisha Singh, Founder and Principal, Sunstone Technique Group; Former Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of Economics and Enterprise Affairs; Nominee to function U.S. Ambassador to the OECD, AU WCL ’96
  • Kara Swisher, Host, On With Kara Swisher; Co-Host, Pivot for New York Journal; Contributor, CNN
  • Patrice Willoughby, Senior Vice President, International Coverage and Affect, NAACP

The Sine Institute additionally welcomed as Distinguished Lecturers NASA Deputy Administrator Pam Melroy, who’s a former NASA astronaut and retired United States Air Power officer, and Jim Sciutto, CNN’s Chief Nationwide Safety Analyst and anchor, CNN Newsroom with Jim Sciutto.

“The place else are you able to have interaction with and be taught from a former governor, ambassador, astronaut, entrepreneur and extra — multi function educational yr?” stated AU President Sylvia M. Burwell. “American College’s Sine Institute for Coverage and Politics brings collectively thought leaders with a variety of views to have interaction on our world’s most urgent points. The 2024 Sine fellows and distinguished lecturers all have one factor in frequent – they’re changemakers with unparalleled experience and persevering with affect. We’re excited to welcome them to the AU neighborhood and sit up for an attractive yr of convening, speaking, and collaborating.”

As a non-partisan platform for coverage innovation and dialogue of a few of the world’s most urgent challenges, the Sine Institute performs a vital position in American College’s dedication to organize the subsequent technology of changemakers. The Institute was made potential by means of a $10 million present from AU alumnus, trustee, and entrepreneur Jeff Sine, SIS/BA ’76, and Samira Sine, revered journalist and advocate for ladies and kids. The Sine’s present was a milestone in American College’s Change Cannot Wait marketing campaign, which has raised $444 million to this point.

“This yr’s cohort of Fellows and Distinguished Lecturers will deliver their distinctive views, visions, and experiences to campus as they have interaction with college students and the AU neighborhood,” stated Amy Ok. Dacey, govt director of the Sine Institute of Coverage & Politics. “I’m grateful to them for taking over the problem of serving to to encourage a brand new technology of residents, policymakers, and changemakers, and I sit up for one other profitable semester of participating and productive conversations.”

The 2024 cohort of Sine Institute Fellows will convene conversations on points that embrace civility, collaboration, immigration and meals coverage, disaster communications, social justice, democracy, the previous, current, and way forward for tech coverage, Synthetic Intelligence (AI) and the way forward for the workforce, the worldwide workforce, and extra.

“I am thrilled that the excellent cohort of 2024 Sine Institute Fellows and Distinguished Lecturers will have the ability to share their time, information, and distinctive experiences with college students and the American College neighborhood,” stated Jeff Sine. “These leaders will deliver numerous views to conversations on right now’s most urgent matters. They will additionally foster participating dialogue that we hope will result in opened minds, new concepts, and actionable options to our nation’s and the world’s greatest issues. I thank every of the Fellows and Distinguished Lecturers for his or her dedication to the Sine Institute and I sit up for every of their contributions.”

The brand new Fellows can be launched to the AU neighborhood, the media, and the general public at massive throughout a particular occasion on February 1, 2024.

Extra details about the Sine Institute’s programming, earlier Fellows, lecturers, and upcoming alternatives is obtainable right here.

About American College
American College leverages the facility and objective of scholarship, studying, and neighborhood to affect our altering world. AU’s school, college students, employees, and alumni are changemakers who form the long run from sustainability to social justice to the sciences. Constructing on our 130-year historical past of training and analysis within the public curiosity, we are saying “Problem Accepted” to addressing the world’s urgent points. Our Change Cannot Wait complete marketing campaign creates transformative instructional alternatives, advances analysis with affect, and builds stronger communities.

SOURCE American College

admin